Thursday 12 June 2014

Me and Microsoft - My Story

Hello amigos..!!!


10397010_756398917724086_3542649467473559434_o


I am Memon Md. Farhan, an ‘ordinary’ student who always wants to do something ‘extra’ besides stereotyped University curriculum. And this time it is the Microsoft Student Associate Program! This article is dedicated to Microsoft, how it has made my life lively and interesting and what will be my contribution to this trend as a Microsoft Student Associate…

MICROSOFT – what is the first thing that hits your mind when you come across this word???

Is it Windows, or MS Office, or is it your Personal Computers (PC’s) on which many of you are reading this? These are the drops from the ocean of what Microsoft has done in bringing about a revolution in each and every individual’s life, from a kid to a sexagenarian and from a normal home user to a professional and technical person – everybody is served.

I consider myself so fortunate to be a part of such an era, having a hands-on experience of using MS-DOS and using windows on the most bulgy and B&W desktops of the 90’s to the current Windows 8.1 Full HD PC’s and ultra-slim touch lappies. I still remember playing spider solitaire or pinball game amidst computer lectures, minimised on the taskbar and no sooner did the teacher take a turn, then we continue with the game, thus have grown from there to playing FIFA14 today.

As a teenager, realising the true potential of what it can do and what Microsoft has stuffed the Windows with, have changed my whole perception towards computing. And today, being a Telecommunication Engineering student, I can’t imagine my progress without windows on my desk. We have so many software and applications compatible with windows environment only, from virtually testing the circuit operations to analysing various data transmission (wired and wireless) parameters, it has it all. I wonder how the simulations and processing of data would have been possible without such a resourceful operating system. And the Microsoft Office Professional is the icing on the cake, it has helped so much for writing the Technical Papers, preparing PowerPoint presentations for the International Conference and much more with so much ease.

And if you think this was the saturation level, Microsoft raised its bars by entering the Smartphone business, which is undeniably the most competent contender among the others. How thoughtful it was to bring your desktop at your palm! It has not ignored the entertainment quotient too, with such a powerful Store, it has convinced the manufacturers to transform the 15 inches mere LCD screens to be a touchscreen version.

Microsoft-s-Data-Chief-Leaves-the-Company-2


Now, as an MSA aspirant, if I get the opportunity to be one, the first thing will be to create awareness of what Microsoft has to offer to the technical lads and how can they benefit themselves from these opportunities giving their career a perfect start. I know so many of my friends and colleagues who have shown their mettle in programming, creativity and innovations, but doesn't have a platform to showcase it to the outside world, maybe they don’t know about Microsoft Programs. Being a Department and Class Representative, I know I can still do it, but being an Associate with the Microsoft itself will help me to deliver more precise and genuine information to them, trying to collaborate these minds and create a win-win situation which will help them and will be a contribution to the Microsoft. I don’t want to restrict it to my campus itself, thus I would contact the representatives from other institutions across Mumbai and Navi Mumbai to initiate such activities in their campus too and I don’t see any reason in their court to deny it. I would also like to be in contact with other MSAs, MSPs and allied person where we’ll discuss and share our views and conduct various seminars, training sessions and much more.

To summarize this… I tried to describe what Microsoft is for me like this:

Meteoric

Ingenious

Captivating

Resourceful

Optimal

Swanky

Omniscient

Future

Thrifty

 

Thank you for your time to read this. If you liked it, please go to my


Facebook Page: Click HERE


Twitter Page: Click HERE


And like the post, also feel free to share it and provide your feedback in the comments there…

No comments:

Post a Comment

loading... The Techie's Stop